About the Center of Innovation for Logistics
The Center of Innovation for Logistics is the leading statewide resource for fueling logistics industry growth and global competitiveness. The Center directly helps companies to overcome challenges and capitalize on opportunities related to the movement of freight. We provide focused expertise, specific industry data, connections to state resources, and an extensive cross-sector industry network. The Center is an industry focused component of the Georgia Department of Economic Development (GDEcD) and has main offices in Savannah and Atlanta, but has activity in all parts of the State.
The Center represents all segments of the logistics industry and provides a unique platform for companies to network, address industry issues and share knowledge. Simply put, the Center is a catalyst to help logistics-enabled businesses connect, compete and grow, This includes the following goals:
- Advance a collaborative cross-sector network resulting in improved efficiency, added business opportunity, and a collective industry voice.
- Accelerate innovative logistics solutions by connecting industry with problem-solvers from technology leaders and relevant, cutting-edge research in the University system.
- Provide concise and timely analysis of data, markets, and trends to help companies better navigate a complex and dynamic global economy.
- Directly assist companies of all types and sizes throughout Georgia to overcome challenges and capitalize on opportunities related to the movement of freight.
- Provide logistics expertise and resources to aid economic development professionals throughout Georgia in their efforts to grow existing industry and attract new business.
- Continuously improve the operational environment for logistics and transportation to help drive a more accessible, attractive and productive business climate Statewide.
- Broadly promote and showcase Georgia’s unique combination of logistics leadership, strengths, assets, and position as a gateway for global commerce.